5 tips you can save on your electricity bills in the summer
In this sweltering summer, due to the scorching heat of the sun, people often use the electrical appliances like AC, fan, coolers, etc. exorbitantly so that they can stay cool and comfortable in the summer. And as a result, electric bills can be skyrocket and you really need to pay attention to it. If you prudently choose your electrical appliances and carefully use them, then you will certainly be able to lessen your electricity bills in the summer.
- Turn off and unplug your electrical appliances: When you are outside or not using your rooms, don’t forget to turn off your appliances. But being turned off is not enough, you need to unplug your devices because certain devices like Big TVs, DVD players, and other appliances use energy even if they are switched off. So, unplugging is imperative if you want to reduce your electricity bills in summer.
- Use energy efficient appliances and lights: Replace all your traditional incandescent bulbs with LEDs because they consume less energy and power as compared to the stereotyped lights. Nowadays, the markets are crammed with many smart and energy efficient appliances like Smart ACs, Smart TVs, coolers, dishwasher, etc. which use less energy. Now, many home appliance companies are also embracing the customers with all the smart appliances and also giving some lucrative discounts on home appliances so that the customers can entice with these products and can make a good impact on the environment also. You can even buy electricals on online shopping sites also. Online shopping sites like Flipkart giving offers on electronics and various energy efficient appliances to the customers. So, you can easily buy a fridge and cooler online along with other necessary appliances.
- Use fans instead of ACs: The fans are more convenient when it comes to electricity bills. Try to use overhead fans which will circulate the air properly throughout the rooms. You can also cool down the entire house by placing a box fan in the window in the early morning. During the summer evenings, try to open all the windows so that your rooms will get cooled naturally.
- Hang your laundry outside: Try to take the advantage of the warmer climate in summer. Thus, instead of using dryers or fans, always place your laundry outside your house so that they will dry naturally. Always keep in mind that dryers are the biggest energy sap in homes, so try to use them in a limited way.
- Plant shady trees: If your home is surrounded by the trees then the trees will cut down the energy and cooling costs for your home. But if there is no tree, then try to plant some shady trees across your house which will keep your house cool all time. So, if you are looking for a long-term strategy for energy and electricity bills reduction, then don’t forget to implant some trees surrounding your house.
Now, from all the above-mentioned points, you have plenty of ideas how you can minimize your electricity bills in this red-hot summer.